Not Quite What You Asked For? Some Holiday Return Policy Info
Don't worry, you can probably switch the ugly sweater for something you actually want.
Every year it never fails; we open up presents that are not quite what we asked for from Santa. Sometimes we have to feign excitement or joy when we are really in our minds trying to figure out where Grandma got that hideous sweater or why Mom bought that Playstation 3 game when you only have XBOX 360. Maybe your significant other purchased a really thoughtful and romantic shirt, but when you try it on you realize that it's bulging at the seams and more is "popping out" than being kept "in".
Whatever the reason might be for your return, Patch had the opportunity to visit some of the popular stores in the area to hear about their Holiday Return Policy.
- Old Navy has a 90 day return policy. If you bought something that was the wrong size you can return or exchange it as long as you have a receipt. If you received a gift without a receipt, you can still return it.
- Nordstrom Rack allows returns until the end of January as long as you have your receipt.
- Off Broadway Shoes allows you 30 days to return and as long as you have the original packaging you will receive a full refund. However, if you wait after 30 days, you will get a store credit.
- Khol's allows shoppers to return gifts purchased in-store or online by bringing the item you'd like to return/exchange and your gift receipt to the Customer Service Desk of any Kohl's store near you.
- Best Buy allows for gift purchases made between November 1, 2010, and December 24, 2010, to qualify for their Holiday Return policy. In addition, for items purchased between November 1 and December 24, customers will receive free phone and online support for all products through January 31, 2011. Desktop, notebook, netbook, tablet computers, carrier contracts for mobile phones and other third-part service providers do not qualify for the holiday gift policy. Nonreturnable items include phone cards, gift cards, consumable items, opened, defective computer software, movies, music and video games.
- At Borders, you have 30 days to return any item and you must have a receipt.
- Target requires a receipt dated within 90 days for all returns and exchanges. The items must be new, unused and contain all original packaging and accessories. Items such as music, movies, video games, software and collectibles can only be exchanged if opened. Also, remember that there is a 15% restocking fee for items including camcorders, digital cameras, portable DVD players and portable electronics.
Remember if you lost your receipt, a lot of stores are able to look up your receipt if you provide the same form of payment (e.g. credit card or gift card). For information about these stores or your other favorite stores visit their websites or call customer service.