- The forecast calls for sunny skies and a high of 75 degrees, a low of 49 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
- The Prince William Parks and Recreation Department will present their plan for Doves Landing to the Board of County Supervisors today at 2 p.m. in the board chambers at the James J. McCoart Administration Building, 1 County Complex Court, Prince William. Doves Landing is a 234-acre natural area that is undisturbed from development. Read more about Doves Landing.
- Find out how to discover your roots in Genealogy 101. The 90-minute session will highlight different methods for tracking ancestors. The event starts a 7:30 p.m. at the Bull Run Regional Library, 8051 Ashton Avenue in Manassas.
- The NOVA Novels Book Club will discuss “American Wife” by Curtis Sittenfeld at the Chinn Park Regional Library at 7:30 p.m. today.
- Mark your calendars: Prince William County Public Schools is hosting a College Fair from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on September 30 at Stonewall Jackson High School, 8820 Rixlew Lane in Manassas.