- There is a chance of showers and thunderstorms all day today, with a high of 89 degrees, according to the National Weather Service forecast.
- The Potomac Communities Citizen Input Meeting is at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center Campus at 2300 Optiz Boulevard in Woodbridge, Conference Room B. The goal of the meeting to gain input on the “Potomac Communities Revitalization Plan” to discus design recommendations for Route 1. View details.
- Children ages 6 through 10 can have fun Reading with Rover. The program is at 4 p.m. today at the Chinn Park Regional Library on 13065 Chinn Park Drive in Woodbridge. Children are paired with a PAL (People, Animals, Love) registered therapy dog. Watch a video produced by Prince William County of the program above.
- The Occoquan Historical Society is hosting a lecture today on the old cemeteries of Prince William County. The lecture is at 6:30 p.m. at the Occoquan Town Hall on 314 Mill Street.
- National Hispanic American Heritage Month starts at Sept. 15 and runs through Oct. 15 nationally and in Prince William County. The county is hosting four performances of ‘Uno, Does, Tres, con Andres!’ a bilingual music program, later this month. View details.