.

Bathroom Fire Displaces 3 Residents in Dale City

Firefighters quickly put out afternoon blaze, according to Department of Fire and Rescue.

Firefighters quickly put out afternoon blaze, according to Department of Fire and Rescue.
Firefighters quickly put out afternoon blaze, according to Department of Fire and Rescue.
Three adults were displaced after a their townhouse caught fire Wednesday afternoon, according to the Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue.

Crews were dispatched at 2 p.m. Wednesday to the 4600 block of Charlton Court in Dale City, according to spokesperson Kim Hylander.

"Upon arrival, fire and rescue units observed smoke showing from the rear of a 2 story mid row town home," Hylander said in a statement. "Firefighters proceeded to the 2nd floor of the home, located the fire in a bathroom and extinguished it." 

The residents were home at the time of the fire, but evacuated safely. Red Cross is assisting the residents after the unit was determined to be unsafe.

According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, the origin of the fire was a second floor 
bathroom; the cause was an accidental fire related to an electrical issue.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »